Bean's Mom from Miami writes: If you and your dog were by chance to be stuck on a desert island (or in a Miami hurricane, say) without your fancy prescription food or gourmet raw diet, what would you feed your pet? Protein? Would he need carbs and vegetables too?
- A current photo of the pet
- Veterinary records including vaccination history
- Species appropriate first aid manual and kit
- A seven day supply of food and treats to minimize stress during a difficult situation. Changing food on the fly can cause stomach upset. If Fido eats canned food, pack a manual can opener.
- A seven day supply of water and medicine. Pack copies of any prescriptions.
- Poop bags
- Blanket and a favorite toy
- Leash and harness
- Food and water bowls