- Airborne debris (think bugs, pollution etc.) can become embedded in Fido's eyes.
- Airborne debris can become embedded in Fido's ear canal.
- Chilly air rushing into Fido's nose and lungs can damage his respiratory system.
- Fido's head can hit a sign, mail box, a tree or a passing bus.
- Fido can jump out the window.
Sunday, May 24, 2009
We know it looks like a harmless enjoyable treat for your pooch, but letting her ride with her head out the window is extremely dangerous. Lets look at the facts:
So what can we do to allow Fido to feel the wind in his ears? Well, you could buy him a pair of canine goggles, but that would only take care of problem number 1. Instead, crack the window on both sides of the car to produce a cross wind. Then, drive to the dog park, the beach or any safe enclosed area and let Fido run free. If you frolic with him, you'll burn off a few extra calories and can enjoy another piece of pie on Memorial Day.